Friday, October 16, 2009

Tatsunoko vs Capcom

I've slowly been hearing more and more about this game - but unsure what to make of it. Yes, it's one of those rare times where a company is making a concentrated effort to bring something Japanese-centric over to America, and not with great ease, either. See, Tatsunoko, an Anime Company, has obviously licenced many of it's series to different companies over seas. It's no trouble to have a big Tatsunoko/Capcom brawl over in Japan, where all the characters are legally under one tent. Yet try and bring that over to America, and you have a host of legal rights you have to confirm from various different companies. In fact - some characters aren't going to be available because the rights are so tangled up. That's not to say us Americans aren't going to get a good deal - as some newer characters have been added to make up for the missing ones, like Tekkaman Blade (known here as Technoman).

While this is all great, and I love that Capcom is putting to much effort into this game for us - I'm still left wondering wether to buy it. I see a list of probably over 20 characters, but my Marvel vs Capcom 2-spoiled brain keeps saying that's simply not enough, especially when I know so little about the Japanese characters appearing here.

That said, I've been watching the trailers, and the announcements of new characters being added - and it's looking better and better. I still haven't made up my mind wether to buy the game or not, but here are some of the trailers and videos I've seen so far.

This is the opening cinematic


Here's a video listing all the characters, with the game's theme song too


Here's game play, with Zero and Batsu vs Tekkaman and Ippatsuman


Here's gameplay of Condor and Swan vs Morrigan and Chun-Li

No comments:

Post a Comment