Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Final Fantasy Tactics A2

I don't know why I skipped this game when it first came out. I loved the previous Final Fantasy Tactics games, but for some reason this game just slipped past me. Well, years later, I gain the benefit of reduced prices - and was able to buy this game for dirt cheap, only $18 at Gamestop. This was definitely a great purchase.

The game seems to have improved on a number of aspects on the Turn Based Tactical Strategy formula - improving the Judge System, give us more races to choose from, and a plethora of new Jobs to acquire and master. The plot line is cited as one of the game's biggest faults - but it makes up for it with even more gameplay and a deep and rewarding gaming experience. You can easily spend hours gaining experience for your squad, gaining territory - and making your Clan more famous. It all sounded a bit overwhelming to me at first, but it's surprisingly easy to get into.

Also, of note, are the lush graphics the game has. Final Fantasy are the masters of sprite based game design - and it really shines here, with interesting monsters and characters. All lushly animated - and enhanced by some very slick special effects when casting spells.

I'm not that far into the game yet - around Level 12 or so. I only just entered the phase where you gain territory for your Clan, and have finally been able to invite new characters into my Clan. This game is very fun and engaging - and not without challenge. I've run into quite a few Quests that ended in failure. It's challenging - but a good kind of challenge, giving you lots of fun gameplay.

Anyway, for anyone like me who didn't get this game when it came out - I'd highly recommend getting this game. It's ultra cheap now - and you get so much gameplay for your money.

Here's X-Play's Review of the Game (4 out of 5)


Here's Japanese Trailer of the game

No comments:

Post a Comment