Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Doctor Who Preview

Awhile ago I posted about how I tried Doctor Who and became a new fan. I now consider myself a huge Doctor Who fan - as every episode I've seen has enriched my life with it's wonderfully wacky, adventurous, and tragic stories. I've watched most of the episodes so far through reruns on the Scifi Channel and BBC America, though they don't seem to rerun the first season starring Christopher Eccleston. I'm having that season netflixed. I should probably check out some of the older Doctor Who stuff as well.

Anyway - next to Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, and the likes of Battlestar Galactica and Star Trek - Doctor Who is officially one of my most favorite shows. The pure sense of imagination and adventure seems to exude out of every scene. David Tennant just left the series, and seeing the goodbye and transition to Matt Smith was simply great. The series is getting a new direction - which I'm hopeful will be just as good as what's come before. So far I don't believe I'll be disappointed, as clips have shown the Doctor's supposed "Wife" appearing again, and the return of the terrifying Weeping Angels.

For anyone not into the series - if you like Buffy, or Stargate, or other Sci-fi shows, you owe it to yourself to try Doctor Who. I'm very glad I did. Here's a clip previewing the next new season with Matt Smith as the 11th Doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment