Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Daily Show - More Trusted than Regular News

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I often times trust the Daily Show more than regular news. I know that is not good - but, darn it, I watched the news all this weekend to hear about the Unemployment Obstruction by Republican Senator Jim Bunning. They mentioned it, in passing, but they gave a more focused view of that killer Whale at Sea World than they did the possibility of millions of Americans loosing their unemployment!

My sister literally came to me the following morning, asking why the only journalist talking about this story was Jon Stewart.

Part of my frustration and anger was also about the news barely covering this story at all. I know, I know, the Earthquake in Chile took up a lot of the news - but that didn't stop them from covering that damn whale also!

You can find the clip from the Daily Show here.

No comments:

Post a Comment