Saturday, May 15, 2010

Red Hulk Revealed *Spoilers*

I predicted this months back. Before the first six issues of the Red Hulk's book ended - I pegged General Ross as the Red Hulk. It didn't matter that he was later seen talking to the Red Hulk - it just made too much sense for it not to be him. Then, in issue #600, it was revealed that M.O.D.O.K. was using LMDs (Life Model Decoys), which immediately put Ross back in the running.

Apparently, Betty Ross is also the Red She-Hulk. I know why Ross is running around acting like a jerk, but why Betty?

Again, finding out Red Hulk's identity is nice, but it's just too darn late. I dropped the book after being so disappointed with issue #600, where I was seemingly misled about the identity reveal happening then. Bruce Banner's change into McGuyver has been cool, and it looked like Greg Pak is still writing good issues - but not enough for me to want to want to deal with Jeph Loeb's book. I swear, he use to be a good writer, but that seems to no longer be the case. Perhaps he should get away from the constant self-congratulations he and Pak have been giving each other in interviews. It's like watching the commentary for a movie that stinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment