Saturday, October 9, 2010

Final Fantasy XIV Sucks

I'm not a big fan of MMORPGs (Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games), but I've occasionally tested them out just to see what I was missing. I tried the Free Trail for World of Warcraft, and while fun - it was simply too consuming for me, in both narrative and functionality. I found Final Fantasy XI much more to my liking - as the story seemed more immediate and it's own unique take on the Final Fantasy genre could be felt and appreciated from the very start. Again, I'm only speaking from a perspective of playing the Demo - but it was a fun week's worth of play before it ended.

So with the next Final Fantasy sequel once again being an MMORPG, I thought it might be worth trying it's demo as well. This review, from Gametrailers.com, certainly explains all of the reason why this game utterly and completely sucks. I'm really just flabbergasted by what an utter mess this game is. This is suppose to challenge the unstoppable juggernaut that is World of Warcraft?! If they had simply taken the original FF XI model and just updated the graphics - it would at least have been a decent game. But every single problem this review details is just incomprehensible, and quite disheartening that a quality game company like Square-Enix would release this kind of crap! And, not only that, but give it the honored spot on the continuing Numbered titles in the Final Fantasy series.

Just, watch the review and prepare to be stunned. I don't know what went wrong with the development of this game, wether it was rushed or mishandled, or it Square-Enix just decided to cut it's losses on an unsuccessful venture -- but it looks like this game is without a doubt the darkest stain on the venerable Final Fantasy series ever released.

1 comment:

  1. The questing in this game is a little ridiculous...You have to go to a person, deliver some random item just to run all the way back to your original point...This comic describes my feelings perfectly:.

    Gaming Web Comic - Final Fantasy XIV

    ReplyDelete